Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Bes

I think "bes" should be a word (pronounced 'bees'). The kids use it all the time, it makes sense, and half the time I don't even notice it. Here is how it's used: If he bes nice to me, I'll be nice to him. Think about it. What would you use in its place? "Is"? How descriptive. "Bes" is an active word. "Is" just is. In fact, I think we should adopt all the words that kids use: He comed over last night. The water runned for a long time. I telled her a secret. And one that just happened: He falled down the stairs. "Bes" just fits right in. She bes very careful when she uses scissors. After a while, it just starts to come out of its own accord. Say it for a few minutes, then I dare you to NOT use it.

1 comment:

Jenn Knight said...

Very true. I've never thought about it. I think you are just trying to justify the decline in your language skills. I think I heard you use "bes" last time I saw you.