Saturday, February 21, 2009

I DO NOT Like Tarantulas

I was cleaning off the counter and came across what seemed like an empty container. It was a small round plastic dish with a lid. I thought I would just take the lid off and put it straight into the dishwasher. Expecting the dish to be empty, imagine my surprise when I pulled the lid off and saw a huge spider that filled the entire dish! I screamed, dropped the dish, and backed up shaking. The dish landed and the contents gently floated to the counter in pieces. It was then that I realized it was only the tarantula's skin from when it last molted. Quincy had taken it in to his class for show and tell. I made Quincy clean it up because I was still too freaked out to touch it.

1 comment:

Jenn Knight said...

Of all the moms I would have expected to have allowed a pet tarantula in the home, you would have been the absolute lowest on my list. Still can't believe you let Q get one. I would have screamed, too, and I am not terrified of insects like others I know :).