Sunday, May 1, 2011

Daddy Day at Ballet


I found out that Claire had Daddy Day at ballet, so I called Derek at work and asked him if he could go. I jokingly told him, "It says here that you are supposed to wear tights if you have them, but if not, then loose fitting pants are OK." He says, "We're supposed to participate?!" I said, "No, I'm just kidding. I think you just watch her class." Boy, was I wrong! When he got there, he found out that not only do they participate in the class, but they also learn a little dance to perform. He was not happy when he got home, but he was a good sport by letting me video their dance. My favorite part is when he bows at the end. I don't know why, but that makes me laugh every time. That's not the end of the story, though. That night after the kids were in bed, I went to check my email. There was a mass email from the ballet school with a report on Daddy Day. Apparently, someone had video taped the class and posted it on Facebook. Every student at the ballet school and their parents were supposed to watch all the videos from the day and vote on which dad was the best! When I showed Derek, he was livid, but because I was laughing so hard, he didn't stay mad for too long. I guess that's what he gets for being such a good Dad!

1 comment:

KS said...

this still makes me laugh. what a good dad :)